To provide emergency and non-emergency care and ambulance transportation for the citizens of Marshall County.
Essential Job Duties:
Check unit for mechanical adjustments such as oil, coolant, brakes, tire, lights, etc. (Daily)
Check all supplies in unit and restock daily.
Clean units each morning inside and outside, including the ambulance bay. Clean living quarters and storage room each night.
Weekly cleaning of the entire building including mopping floors, windows, etc.
Making ambulance calls as required.
1. Establish and maintain a patent airway
2. Administer positive pressure ventilations (as needed)
3. Perform CPR
4. Control external hemorrhage
5. Treat for shock
6. Care for cases of poisoning
7. Bandaging wounds
8. Splint fractures
9. Provide obstetrical assistance
10. Care for newborn infants, including premature
11. Administer Oxygen as needed
12. Emergency & Defensive driving
13. Controlling the scene of illness or injury
14. Vehicle Extrication
15. Maintenance and use of supplies
16. Verbal and written communication
17. Coping with Medical / Legal problems
18. Careful evaluations of all signs & symptoms
19. Proper use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
20. Maintain & monitor patients with IV infusions
All Reports are to be completed following each run: PCR, PCS, Signature form, etc.
Answer phone calls, receive ambulance calls from dispatch, and maintain skills and credentials according to department policy.
Perform other duties as assigned.
** Extra Duties and Responsibilities will be assigned to AEMT's and Paramedics ****
Education & Experience Required:
High School graduate or equivalent
Current & unrestricted operator license
Clean Criminal Background check
Must be at least 18 years of age and be legally eligible for employment in the United States
Must hold current EMT-Basic certification from the Kentucky Board of EMS
Must hold current CPR certification
Essential Job Functions:
Must be physically able to lift and carry patients and equipment repeatedly throughout the shift
Must be able to lift and carry heavy loads safely in an uncontrolled environment and on rough and / or slick terrain
Able to stoop, bend, and use good body mechanics
Must successfully complete a pre-work physical agility test for ambulance personnel
Must be able to communicate well with patients, families, visitors, physicians, police, and coworkers in the English Language
You will come in contact with various infectious diseases
You will be exposed to various hazardous materials and must be able to wear and utilize several different types of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Closing Date: 03/30/2023
Beth Cavanah - Director of Human Resources
615 Old Symsonia Rd
Benton, KY 42025