To provide emergency and non-emergency care and ambulance transportation for the citizens of Marshall County
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Check unit for mechanical adjustments such as oil, water, brakes, taxes, tires, etc. (daily)
Check all supplies in unit and restock daily.
Clean units each morning inside and outside including ambulance bay. Clean living quarters and storage room each night.
Weekly cleaning of entire building including mopping floors, windows, etc.
Making ambulance calls as needed.
1. Establish and maintain a patient airway
2. Administer intermittent positive - pressure ventilation
3. Perform C.P.R
4. Control accessible bleeding
5. Treat shock
6. Care for cases of poisoning
7. Dress and bandage wounds
8. Splint fractures
9. Provide obstetrical assistance
10. Care for newborn infants, including the premature
11. Administer 02
12. Emergency and defensive driving
13. Controlling the scene of illness or injury
14. Proper extrication
15. Maintenance and use of supplies
16. Verbal and written communications
17. Coping with medicolegal problems
18. Careful evaluations of all signs and symptoms
19. Proper usage of the automatic advisory defibrillator (IFF APPLICABLE)
20. Maintain and monitor patients with IV infusions (IF APPLICABLE)
All reports to be completed following each run; EMS run form, bill supplemental, etc.
Answer phone, take ambulance calls from dispatcher, and maintain current CPR certification and CEU's.
Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be physically able to lift patients and equipment repeatedly throughout the day.
Must be able to communicate with patients, family, visitors, physicians, police, and coworkers.
You will be exposed to various Hazardous Materials and must be able to wear and utilize several different types of personal protective equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school graduate or equivalent.
Current unrestricted operator license and clean criminal history
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must hold current Kentucky certification as EMT-Basic.
Must hold current CPR certification.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Closing Date: 01/30/2019
Beth Cavanah - Director of Human Resources
615 Old Symsonia Rd
Benton, KY 42025